It’s the most special day of a couple’s life together, so it is no wonder they are prepared to spend big money on their perfect day, with weddings in the UK, on average, costing in access of £27,000.
A key element of any wedding is the wedding party, which includes bridesmaids, groomsmen and flower girls. For some people, selecting their bridesmaids and groomsmen may be a choice they approach with caution – perhaps feeling exasperated when they do not have a reliable social circle. So perhaps it stands to reason that some would prefer to hire professional bridesmaids or groomsmen.
Couples can now avail of a professional service where they can hire groomsmen and bridesmaids for a cost of up to £100 per hour. This isn’t an option aimed at couples with few friends, but rather for those who want an expert to ensure everything on their big day goes seamlessly.
But is this taking the pursuit of wedding day perfection to a crazy new level, or is it a savvy move for the contemporary couple?
Let’s check out the pros and cons
• As a professional, your hired bridesmaid or groomsman are part of your planning team and must act accordingly, unlike your family and friends.
• As this is a job for them, they will be trained to cope and support you during those lows or stressful periods of the wedding planning process. In contrast, your family and friends may take those times personally.
• Couples can also benefit from further services, such as hen party planning, as part of the overall package. For more information for example services, click here.
• Since they are experienced professionals, they can provide advice on details such as a particular wedding venue in Gloucestershire, like https://www.hatton-court.co.uk/gloucester-cotswolds-weddings.
• If you have not budgeted for hiring a professional groomsman or bridesmaid, the service may be quite an expensive one.
• Some couples may not wish their guests to know they hired a professional groomsman or bridesmaid and will therefore have to create and memorise a story as to how you are friends.
• If you unable to form a relationship with your hired groomsman or bridesmaid, then you’ll have to accept that there’ll be a mere acquaintance front and centre in your wedding pictures.