A cell phone is a microwave transmitter, which used to cook food. Put together the brain or any sensitive organ, it causes similar effects. If for any reason you need to use such devices, it is good to take some basic precautions.
Safe use or misuse of cell phones
From work during rush hour on public transport, begins to fill with people at each stop.
Hear conversations of different types but most with a very special feature … are unidirectional speak through cell phones, some seem important and others less so, only we are not talking we set in our mind the entire conversation.
However, I start to worry about something, we are in a metal group where they are talking more than ten people (not fancy, I have not counted) I wonder what effect it will have on all passengers this tremendous broadcast antennas broadcasting.
They are not two minutes when communication is cut two calls sound more will this be dangerous? Do you bear in my hour trip?
I wonder no cell use by choice because I thought I do not want to be part of this global experiment, but I realize that I am immersed in it … every day … like you.
In recent years, the use of cell phones within the general population, is a topic of global debate, their possible effects on health. The influence of electromagnetic radiation in the body, medium and long term is still being studied by the WHO but has been isolated reports of injuries in some people who frequently use this medium of mobile communication.
This radiation, called microwave, also affect technical elements of high sensitivity, why is banned for use in aircraft, places with extensive security, hospitals or people with cardiac pacemakers.
There are several factors to be taken into account when assessing the risk of these waves on health:
- Type of radiation (which in this case are waves microwave)
- Cumulative Factor (amount of accumulated radiation in the body over time)
- Personal Factor (it is known that children are more vulnerable to the effects of microwaves because the brain is not fully developed, they also have the skull thickness less than adults, which allows easy access to radiation).
- Environmental factor, which refers to the influence of other existing radiation in the environment, as the radiation field of high – voltage lines, or other devices commonly used in the home or office
Russia applies the precautionary principle: Russian Protection Committee advises on the safety of using a mobile phone. – Yuri Grigoriev – Meeting of RNCNIRP April 2003
The RNCNIRP presents the following tips and safe use of mobile phones. These recommendations are based on the precautionary principle of the World Health Organization (WHO – WHO), scientific and medical studies, reviewed and recommended by scientists and the expert opinions of members RNCNIRP.
- The children under 16 should not use mobile phones.
- The pregnant women should not use mobile phones.
- The suffered from certain diseases and disorders listed should not use mobile phones: neurological diseases such as neurasthenia, psychopathy, psycho Steny and all asthenia neurosis, obsessive – compulsive disorders, hysterical and reduced mental activity, physical, memory loss, sleep disorders, epilepsy and epileptic syndrome, epileptic predisposition.
- The call duration should be limited to a maximum of three minutes, and after making a call, the user should wait at least 15 minutes before taking another call. The use of headsets and is recommended.
Manufacturers and retailers of mobile phones should include the following information along with the specifications of use:
All of the above recommendations regarding their use; all important sanitary and epidemiological reports on mobile phones, along with levels of exposure to radiation associated with in phone and control laboratory.
Several studies have shown that radiation from mobile phones cause changes in body temperature; in the body there, areas that are more sensitive to heat such as eye (cataract formation) and tests (decreased sperm production).
They can also affect some brain functions, causing headaches, sleep problems and in experiments with rats, it was observed alterations in DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid), brain tumors and memory problems.
They have recently been made some human studies that seem to show a tendency to increase the risk of brain tumors in active cellular users, but research is needed to more people and extended periods to discard or check the relationship tumor-radiation.
Regarding the use of cell phones and brain tumors, Dr. Gustavo Sevlever, neuropathologist (FLENI), member of the Argentina Society of Pathology (12.08.02), told us:
There are several studies on large-scale development, designed to gather additional information. The most important are called Interphone, funded by the International Agency for Cancer of the World Health Organization. Plans to include data from 7600 patients and 10,000 controls in 14 countries and estimated that the first data was available in 2004.
In short, we have today strong evidence linking cell phones with brain tumors. A large-scale epidemiological study may provide information that is more conclusive. However, what does exist, are clear evidence that driving a vehicle using a phone poses a definite risk of accident and easily avoidable situation that law expressly prohibits our country.
Altered “Reaction time” driver for mobile phone use
Research by Transport Research Laboratory, UK (March 2002) on the alteration of the “reaction time” and the risk of accident for driving with a mobile phone and hands – free, compared with drivers who were drunk.
The results show that the “reaction time” driver was on average 30% slower when using a mobile phone, compared with legally drunk driver ( the legal limit in England 0.8 alcohol) and almost 50% slower that a conductor under normal conditions.
Another US study shows that even with hands-free system drivers suffer an alteration in what they see and what they perceive reality.
WASHINGTON (27.01.2003). By Maggie Fox “Motorists using mobile phones, even with device “hands-free”, suffer a kind of tunnel vision that puts them at risk for themselves and others, US researchers report” “they warn that the legislation aims to make driving safer by requiring the use of a hands-free device can give a false sense of security”.
Strayer, whose team has performed these studies on mobile phone use while driving, used a driving simulator and disposed of 20 volunteers. Sometimes they used a mobile phone and sometimes not. The reaction time was controlled driving style and performance.
It is documented in the publication in March of Applied Experimental Psychology. Strayer’s group said the use of mobile phone clearly distracted drivers.
These findings add to a number of similar studies and especially 1997 from England Journal of Medicine, which reports on the discovery that talking on a mobile phone while driving quadruples the risk of having an accident
Strayer says: “The reactions people with a mobile phone are slower compared to when not in use “. “They have more rear end collisions. They have a kind of slower style that can be insensitive to unforeseen events like a broken down car in front of them, a change of lights and things like these.” Strayer says there is no difference between the use of the hands-free device and mobile subject by hand.
He says: “It is hurting in both cases.” “It suggests that any legislation that says you can do in one way and not the other … Can send the wrong message and give a false sense of security to the population.” Perhaps even more alarming, said Strayer was the discovery that the volunteers did not realize that his skill was failing. According to Strayer “We asked them how they felt after their own skills and they usually were not aware of their lack of performance and, in some cases, even better with thought leading mobile phone”.
“Strayer wanted to know why lead in the mobile phone has a profound effect on drivers, so his team conducted a second experiment He said,” We use an eye tracker, a very precise device that allows us to see where is watching. “They found that while drivers look objects, in this case, billboards, if at this time were talking on a mobile phone could not remember that they had seen”.
Strayer said: “There is like a tunnel vision and are not processing the peripheral information.” “While the eyes are looking directly at something, when the mobile phone is used, it is not sure to see”.
Tests show that this lack of attention does not affect drivers who were listening to music, stories or talking to a passenger car.
Tips for cell phone user
- Never carry cell power against the body. That is, do not carry it on a belt or pocket. always carry it in a purse or briefcase that is not resting against the body.
- Do not allow children to use cell phones unless it is for an emergency. Remember that it is not a toy for little ones.
- Cell phones interfere with medical equipment, such as monitors cardiac activity teams and fans. For this reason, in many hospitals, it is prohibited its use may also affect pacemakers and hearing aids. Avoid storage in close to his chest pocket; it should be clarified prominently in manuals cell phones.
- Avoid using continuously this media, if necessary, use, ask the telecommunications company that sells the service if the phone has any attachment to decrease the emission of microwave or whether it is complying with the regulations of radiation. (… You know that emits radiation your cell phone.).
- At the time of purchase the cell, choose the model with lower power; ask your vendor what we know, as users and the manufacturer must report.
- Do not talk more than two minutes; if possible follow their conversation by a fixed line? Emotionally it is unhealthy, as it tends to isolate it from the world around him.
- When entering a meeting turn off your cell phone, it is becoming more annoying to others follow the line of communication with constant interruptions. Do not expect that request takes action as a way of coexistence.
- Always turn off your phone in any show or theater.
- At the time of choosing a new home, it is important to choose a place where there are near repeater towers, which emit microwave permanently.
- If you plan to start a conversation by phone when driving a car, you would better park the car in a safe place, and thus concentrate only on the talk.
- One of the most important adverse effects observed with the use of mobile phones is the increase in the number of vehicle accidents. Statistical data report that the risk of accidents on people talking on the cell while driving increases up to four times compared to people who do not use this media or to decide to stop the car in time to start a conversation. Nor was there any benefit with cell phone use in the possibility of “hands-free” because anyway concentration during communication is lower.
- Avoid making or taking calls when the signal is weak or has interference is emitting more radiation because when you try to communicate with a weak signal.
- Society is not informed.
- Mobile phones are sold without reporting the microwave power emitted by the user’s brain, which can alter in only about 2 minutes of use and affect the population more than 10 meters away.
- Each mobile phone is a microwave weapon.