There are several reasons why you might want to remodel your bathroom. Maybe it’s getting old and unsightly, and you want to modernize it a bit for convenience and comfort. Maybe you just want to improve the value of your house. Either way, before jumping right into the renovation project, make sure that you contact one of the many excellent plumbers in Atlanta to come inspect your bathroom. In fact, you should really think about these five things before beginning to remodel your bathroom:
- Budget – Create a budget for how much you are willing to spend remodeling your bathroom. You may not be able to afford a few additions or improvements that you wanted, but it’s important to prioritize what you need versus what you want.
- Improvements – Make a list of improvements that you want to make to your bathroom. Is the tile beginning to come loose? What about the light fixtures? What about the way it looks? How old are your toilets and faucets? Odds are, if they are old then they are wasting more water than necessary. Look for WaterSense labeled faucets and shower heads to save on water usage.
- Additions – Does your bathroom only have a shower stall? Maybe you would like to have a bathtub installed. Or if you have a bathtub, maybe you want to enlarge it, or replace it with a bathtub that acts as a hot tub as well. Do you have a lot of toiletries that seem to be stacked up on the back of the sink and even the toilet? Have an extra cabinet installed to keep your bathroom organized better.
- Color Schemes – Function is the most important part of your bathroom. But don’t forget about its aesthetic qualities, after all, you spend a good amount of time in the bathroom every day. Choose a color scheme so that everything matches, from the paint on the walls to the tiling on the floor, to the color of your bathtub and sink.
- Plumber – You’ll need to contact a plumber in Atlanta to check out your plumbing system. Any serious plumbing problems need to be taken care of before you begin replacing tiles and lighting fixtures. A plumber will also be able to determine whether or not you have the necessary space in your bathroom for all the improvements and additions you want.
These are five things to think about before you get to work remodeling your bathroom. It’s always better to have a detailed plan or outline before you begin shopping for replacement appliances for your bathroom. Contact one of the many plumbers in Atlanta for an inspection of your plumbing system before getting started.