If you recently started blogging for your business, a client or for personal reasons. There are a few good books I would like to point you to that have solid information, tips and ideas to get you going in the right direction.
Like anything worth the effort, blogging also has a set of guidelines and best practices to consider and put into action. See my top book picks below for new blog owners and feel free to mention your personal favorites in the comment area following the article.
1. Blogging For Dummies – the line of Dummies books are always informative and come packed with lots of information. This book digs deep into every conceivable topic as it relates to blogging and no stone is left unturned. It’s a MUST for your collection on how to create a winning blog people like to visit, spread and subscribe to. In other words, how to blog better.
2. Problogger – this book is written by one of the most popular bloggers on the web, Darren Rowse. His story is an interesting one as he built his blog from a humble “tell all” about his blogging journey into a full blown million dollar empire, without any prior knowledge or education on the topic. The book became an instant hit when it first came out and still inspires many with smart insider info and secrets to a successful blogging journey.
3. Super Blogga – this is my Kindle book on blogging that contains over 70 tips, tricks and techniques I have personally used to take several blogs from zero to hero. Everything from site website hosting to the importance of choosing a niche is discussed in this informative and fun pocket guide aimed at new blog owners. The book is available as a Kindle edition however a Kindle is not required, just a Kindle-enabled device such as your smartphone, PC, iPad, etc.
4. The Digital Mom Handbook – for women who wish to create a blog, this is the book for you. It discusses topics beyond blogging such as social media, videos, the business side of blogging and working from home. The Digital Mom Handbook was written by a fellow blogger named Audrey Mcclelland who runs several blogs successfully from her home. It’s a fun read aimed at any woman who is serious about creating a blog that creates a splash in her intended niche.
5. No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog – I picked this title as it speaks volumes to what a blogger does. Create Content. A blog owners first and most important duty is to create content, plain and simple. As a blogger you will have a niche and this niche will attract an audience that is seeking either information, entertainment or both. The rest you will learn as you go – which includes SEO, marketing, traffic, link building, ads, developing a community, social media and technical aspects to managing a blog such as learning WordPress. This book will give you endless inspiration for new article ideas so that you can keep your audience happy and the content flow going.
All of the titles above are available online via Amazon. Even though there’s loads of information online on the topic of blogging, a book has it all there in one neat format and nicely filtered. Way less time consuming than searching endlessly on Google for what may (or may not) apply to you in your specific blogging journey. We hope our book for bloggers list above is helpful to you now and years to come.